How you doin?

So I'm sitting in the NICU holding this sweet sweet newborn that won't let me put him down. And I'm all like "awwww newborns are so amazing" but then I'm like "he won't let me put him down and he wakes up every five minutes" .... Oh yeah. No newborns for me.
One of my favorite friends brought up that I stopped writing on here and she missed it. I did. My mind was full of garbled jargon that could have easily come to life via posts but the holidays rolled in and then this new year has been less than stellar for many people in my life so... I either had too much to write about and the thought overwhelmed me or I just didn't feel like sharing.  By nature I'm a fixer and a lot of things are broken right now that I can't fix. I was reminded the other day that I said I think 2014 is gonna suck, I just have a feeling.  Damn me for that. It's my fault.
But, on to toddlerville  update. My amazing, wild, mini divas. They are demanding, they are exhausting, they are everything. Everything crazy good. The talking  and repeating has reached new levels and I'm gonna be honest people, my cussing has not. I try though. I think I do at least. I really do have so much patience and understanding with them though as evidence by comparing myself to other parents (oh please, you do it too). It makes me sad when I hear someone say their life ended when they had kids. Sure , I may be sending postcards right now from Tahiti if I didn't have kids (ha!) but my life absolutely changed for the better with them in it. I took them to Sesame Street Live and watched so many parents playing on their phones while simultaneously yelling at and/or spanking their kids. Now I'm not going to get on a soap box about the phone thing cause I'm straight up in love with my phone, but I also know when it's time to spend some QT with my kiddos and not blame them for acting like....kids. I HATE that.  Also... Why bring a child that's too young to understand they are at a show and then fuss at them the whole time. Anyway, I digress.  The Sesame show just proved to me that I have a lot of fun times to be had with my little family and I'm 100% content with that.  They  play hard, they laugh hard, they love hard.  They say I love you. And every day is a little brighter with them in it. I'm exhausted.  :)


Comments

Popular Posts