Don't Blink

Now with a title like don't blink, you are probably thinking I'm talking sweet about how fast these little boogers grow. Seems like it happens over night. But anyway, I'm not. I'm literally saying do not blink around my kids or many, many things can go wrong. My Friday's with my girls (because they don't have school) are crazy. 
Picture this, you lay down and just want to shut your eyes, just for a second, just to see how it feels.... 
It feels amazing until someone comes at you full force and lands on your stomach and/or face. We are talking free fall, belly flop like I'm the pool. Or whacks you in the head with an awesome 5 pound toy. So there is how my day sometimes starts if I'm not first to wake up. 
Then, make sure you keep an eye on the remote so that they don't purchase an afternoon delight on pay-per-view for $12.99. I'm not ready for that "what's that" conversation. 
A word of advice, keep latex gloves handy. Today I dug an entire thing of wet wipes out of the toilet. It's only a matter of time. Anything will fit in the toilet when a toddler makes it. 
Stay at home moms are my hero. I did it for two years and that was what a typical hour of my day was like. No adult interaction. No break. I'll never forget when I had a particularly bad day and was still in my pajamas, pregnant, with a baby to take care of, had cooked and done laundry and was looking extra ratchet when a friend's husband stopped by around 5pm. All filters removed, he said "wow, are you still in what you slept in last night?" .........seriously bro? I wouldn't. Just leave now and no one gets hurt. 
So I rejoined the workforce and was essentially a stay at home mom who worked because I worked at night and stayed home with my girls during the day. Finally I enrolled them into a magical little place called Mother's Day Out. Happy dancing all over the place, it has changed my life. My mom stayed home with us. For some reason when I was younger I thought I was going to be one of those women who loved being pregnant and who stayed at home and just loved being a stay at home mom. Wrong! No shit, I told my aunt i wanted 17 kids. WTF. Cheers to you ladies who do it (no seriously, I'll drink to that) because it is the hardest job ever. And I can say that because I did it. Being a parent is hard enough, 24/7 together and I really wouldn't know where to look for my sanity. At least I know where to find that bitch when I need it right now. 
In all honesty I love the memories we are making right now and I know I will miss these sweet days of discovery and learning. I am definitely the "let them be kids" parent, let them make the mess. They are making memories. And lucky for them, someone invented a phone where I can capture every thing they do, good and bad, to show them some day. 



Comments

Popular Posts