What am I talking about??

I don't know where this is going to go, but I know I need a positive outlet for the crazy in my brain. This is a good one because no one needs to read this blog if they don't want to. The wonderful world of the Internet has opened me up to everyone being in my business and myself in theirs (guilty!). Every time I "like" or "share" something on facebook people read into it, apply it to my life, and call my mother (seriously?). I'm a grown ass woman. Not everything is about me and not everything is for me to share with you. But I might...stay tuned.
 My life is a mess, and I mean literally there is yogurt on the walls as we speak. Two little divas run my show. But they are my inspiration. Being their mother has been my biggest and most rewarding challenge. They make me crazy, they make me drink, but most importantly they make me smile and make my heart more full each day. I don't know if I would have the motivation I have today to be a better me without them. Life lesson number one: don't be too much of a planner. I had a plan. For the most part it was on track and that came to a screeching halt when I got pregnant when I already had a 3 month old baby at home. Did the math yet? That's right, 12 months apart. Funny thing is, it brought me back to my true self. I'm not a planner, I'm a dreamer. Always have been. But I got a little off track trying to do what I was "supposed" to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments. It snowed the heaviest it has in Baton Rouge in a billion years the day I graduated nursing school because hell froze over. True story. 
So I wear a lot of different hats. I kiss bo-bos, I dig things out of toilets that aren't supposed to be there, I put my hand out to accept things no one should even hold, I cook and clean occasionally, I exercise because it makes me happy and keeps me right off the edge of insanity, I step on leggos and blocks and cars which is quite frankly like being snipered in your own living room, and then I go to working on the night shift a couple nights a week. I love naps and can't survive the day without coffee. 
My favorite question I get asked these days: "When are you having another baby?" Gah. Do yall know how hard I hit motherhood? Hard. I don't know what my future holds but I need to enjoy these two toddlers and all of the subsequent debt without adding an infant to the mix. How would that be fair to anyone involved? Just because I make ridiculously beautiful children. Not a good enough reason. 



"They know me in a way no one ever has. They open me to things I never knew existed. They drive me to insanity and push me to my depths. They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul. They are my kids" -unknown

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts